Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
subtlecaffeine

Given up on my share; nothing but problems. Looking for another.

7 posts in this topic

If you're going to share your Slingbox, don't let this happen to the person:

post-2262-0-47561200-1408298137_thumb.jp

After months of never being able to view this person's Slingbox I cut their access off only to find a begging sharer offering to fix the access problems and return to our old deal. Since this was a really good looking ProHD with Sky+HD actually working in HD (ALL THE CHANNELS), I was a nice guy, gave a second chance.

Second chances are over. They've got 48 hours to fix it before I pull their access on my end.

So here's the basic run down:

I've got a Slingbox Solo and 350 both hooked up to Verizon FiOS. I've got the nice large Ultimate HD package with all premium movie channels and sports package (doesn't include the pay-per-view sports packages). Both boxes are hooked up to HD boxes outputting 1080i, so you can watch HD programming even on the Solo. Both boxes are mostly dedicated, but are located on physical TV's which occasionally get use. The current internet speed runs about 91mbps upload; which would mean your streaming should be stunning HD if you're on the 350, and about the best SD you can get from the Solo. You'll also get access to the "whole-house DVR"; so you can watch stuff I've recorded or record your own stuff for later viewing. Also included is the somewhat decent selection of free on-demand content from the channels we subscribe to; which includes a huge library of movies when you add up ZZZ, Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Starz-Encore, and Epix. If you're a fan of American Football; I've also got NFL RedZone channel (which I access on the HD Slingbox during the season). 

I do not give out logins for online-viewing services that come with my FiOS. This is only for Slingbox.

However, I'm not exactly picky in what I want; as much as I want something equal to what I'm sharing. So let me be specific so I don't have to answer a bunch of share requests that are, at times, insulting to me.

I'm looking to share for access to a Sky+HD box that's actually in HD. If "some HD channels don't work", then in my book, none of them work. I am not trading a service that has "some HD channels that don't work". This is the main one, as I had loads of offers for Sky hardware; but all lacked High Definition.

I don't care about the SkyMovie channels or even sports. I'm more worried about the general entertainment channels. If HD on Sky Movies don't work, that's fine..I don't care about those. If you don't subscribe to them; I don't care about those. I've got plenty of ways to watch movies. 

DVR is not a deal-breaker; but it'd be great to have and would make it easier for me to watch stuff that's on when I'm asleep/not at home...plus I could shift my viewing to times when you're not watching if it's not a dedicated unit.

Dedicated FreeSAT in HD would trump most other things; as at this point..it'd be better than nothing.

I know people say "you seem a little too picky"...I just believe in some form of fairness. If I'm offering full access to two slingboxes on my network that are "full HD" and work without a hitch; I should be able to find a Sky+HD rig of the same quality. I know they exist....I had access to one till all this lovely view-only password crap kicked in.

Hi

I have Sky HD.  I will have fibre in 6 weeks (max 8 weeks) 100 MB Hyperoptic to be specific.  I am after predominantly 3pm (GMT) Saturday football - ESPN Soccer.  At the moment I have standard broadband so 10 mb down 3-4 mb up. 

Let me know if we can make this work.

HWS

Hi there, 

I can offer you a slingbox with South American Directv which broadcast all the 3pm games. Let me know if you are interested.

email me at geeipadvpn at gmail.com

Hi I'm just shooting you this message to let you know that I have sky world HD! That means all sky movie channels and sports in HD. My internet provider is virgin media, I get 150mbps down and around 12-15mbps up. My sky box also has a built in DVR and is yours to access day or night and stream to your hearts content (as my broadband is unlimited). My slingbox also streams upto 1080i so quality is cool. If this sounds like what your looking for let me know. Thanks.

@uktvsling hey mate I'm Interested in what you've got .

@cardinals123 what you got to exchange buddy?

seanmcguigan000@gmail.com getting sky hd in next week and i have a solo hd sling im interested