ThatGuy

Slingbox has stopped all production

5 posts in this topic

Is this the beginning of the end for such a great service? I for one, hope not, as I just upgraded to a 350.

https://liliputing.com/2017/01/sling-media-stopped-producing-slingbox-media-streaming-hardware.html

On 24/1/2017 at 5:10 PM, Bomba82 said:

Has anyone confirm if this is true or not

(spanish) hasta ahora,no

saludos desde cali,colombia

PD: y yo que queria comprar un slingbox en bogota en un mac center para llevar mi señal de TV a mi celular o tablet...,pero, bueno, habra que esperar a ver si es verdad o es falso.

(english) not until now Greetings from cali, colombia PD: and I wanted to buy a slingbox in Bogota in a mac center to take my TV signal to my cell or tablet ... but, well, I will wait to see if it is true or false.

You can still buy the sling the service will remain operational of course. They decided to stop production for multiple reasons and it does not mean that they will not re start the production later or develop a new model or maybe another company will propose the same technology.

Just found out about this through Zatz Not Funny. This was a day I hoped would continue to be pushed further off. My heart is crushed, as I've been a major fan of the Slingbox and its functionality for years, and I doubt if anything new will ever come close to it. (There are, of course, other place shifting ecosystems, but Slingbox was generally the most popular; and I don't know how current any of those other systems are these days as I only have very peripheral knowledge of them.)

Hopefully, places like this and the Slingbox ecosystem will continue to live on; the Slingbox offers a unique experience -- and for the true television enthusiast, a much purer, more natural one -- that remains unduplicated by any system which has emerged either before or since. I know I'll continue to be a supporter (and regular user!) of the Slingbox ecosystem, and I hope that I am far from alone.