TheBenz

To the admins: Do something about the number of people asking for HBO Go and other online accounts

6 posts in this topic

I found this website back in October 2013 because I was looking for somewhere else to conduct Slingbox exchanges. Now, however, things have changed, and pretty much any new people on this website are looking for HBO Go or Watch ESPN or Netflix or whatever online account, and not Slingbox exchanges, which is what this forum was initially intended for and should still be about.

Every single day (since I've signed up for email alerts, since I want to know about new Slingbox exchange offers), I get several emails from people interested in online accounts, most popularly users from Australia wanting HBO Go. The last time I got an email about a Slingbox exchange offer from here was February 6 -- five days ago. Every email I've received since has been about online accounts. In fact, I've received over 130 emails about online accounts since I began signing up for email alerts.

Just a few hours ago, I had to tell someone over chat that I didn't have HBO Go and that I only did Slingbox exchange -- and this wasn't even the first time I've had to do that!

People have even told me themselves that how they find this forum is by searching for online account rentals! And if this is already being searched, it's only going to get worse unless drastic action is taken.

The only way, I feel, to get rid of these people is to just completely erase them from the forum: ban or remove any and all accounts which have posted about the sale, rental, or trade of online accounts, although some leeway may be made for those who have mostly posted about Slingbox exchanges or rentals, and delete any and all posts relating to the sale, rental, or trade of online accounts. An additional step which could be taken after this is to create a completely separate forum space for those still wishing to continue online account sales/rentals/trading.

These actions may sound very drastic in the eyes of the forum administrators, but it seems that this is the only way to get rid of these people that are deteriorating the health and the focus of this Slingbox sharing forum community.

I appreciate your concerns and will try to organize things better for members.

Have pulled 6 months of HBO GO requests from the sharing forum and put them in a new sub-forum. Hope this helps. Other ideas how to improve the site appreciated, thanks.

Another concern is to try and have only reputable sellers for services. I created the feedback system for members to rate that shows up in the Sling Hosting and now Accounts forums. There is a paid service for a member to upgrade to 'Sling Host' also.

I realize this is a forum and not eBay however, trying to find the right way for way members to recognize trusted members for their paid services.

yeah, very annoying to be harassed by people in chat every single time I visit this site asking what am I looking for. This is Slingsharing.com and should be for Slingbox exchange, which is what I'm looking for. Thank you for separating the ZZZ accounts from regular Sling forums.

Thanks so much for rectifying this issue. I hope to continue to have a pleasurable experience on this forum.

yeah, very annoying to be harassed by people in chat every single time I visit this site asking what am I looking for.

I have now added the 'block' button to the chat. Also, if someone becomes annoying they can be reported with the 'report conversation' button.

I appreciate your concerns and will try to organize things better for members.

Have pulled 6 months of ZZZ GO requests from the sharing forum and put them in a new sub-forum. Hope this helps. Other ideas how to improve the site appreciated, thanks.

Another concern is to try and have only reputable sellers for services. I created the feedback system for members to rate that shows up in the Sling Hosting and now Accounts forums. There is a paid service for a member to upgrade to 'Sling Host' also.

I realize this is a forum and not eBay however, trying to find the right way for way members to recognize trusted members for their paid services.

question... what sub forum is there for just cable logins?